Let's Swatch This: JLB Cosmetics Nail Lacquer




Let's Swatch This!

I'm starting a new series on my blog where I swatch polishes in my collection and first up are these beautiful polishes from JLB Cosmetics. I never heard of this brand before and found this as a gift set in my local discount store. There are nine polishes in this collection ranging from crΓ©mes to metallics.








Up first is Aster. A dark mauve color. I adore mauve colors and this is no exception. Usually when I find nail polishes at discount stores it's usually a 50/50 chance that they'll be good quality but almost all of these polishes were opaque in 2 coats which I find pleasantly surprising for a not commonly known brand. 

Aster. Two coats plus top coat



Then we have Toasted Almond. A cool tone light brown. I usually don't gravitate towards colors like theses but it's a pretty color once on.

Toasted Almond. Two coats plus top coat 




Next is Cheeky Peach. Just like the name, it's a beautiful mauve peach moreso than a traditional peach color. In the photo it looks more nude than the mauve color it is in person but nonetheless, it's such a perfect color that's opaque in two coats. 


Cheeky Peach. Two coats plus top coat 




Our next color is Pastel Pink and true to it's name it really is a pastel pink that's perfect for spring. I must apologize for the lighting in this photo. You can see the true color in the bottom picture. This one was one of the few that needed three coats to be opaque.

Pastel Pink. Three coats plus top coat 



Vanilla Glaze is another one that needed three coats but once on is very beautiful! It has a slight green shimmer that was a little hard to capture on camera. You can see it more clearly in the photo at the top of the page. 

Vanilla Glaze. Three coats plus top coat 



And we finally move into the metallics! Up first is Rose Gold. I personally wouldn't call it a rose gold but it is a pink metallic with a silver shimmer. In the bottle it doesn't really look like much but check out the swatch! Definitely one of my favorites.

Rose Gold. Two coats plus top coat 



Goldmine is a bronzie gold that again isn't one of my favorites because I feel like it doesn't go very well with my skintone. What do you think? 


Goldmine. Two coats plus top coat 



Up next is Amber. Now this is a gold I can get behind! It's a lot lighter and more.. warm tone I would say? Very beautiful color.



Amber. Two coats plus top coat 



Lastly there is Space. A very muted metallic silver. From far away it can kind of look like a light grey. I don't think I mind it but probably not one I would constantly wear.  


Space. Two coats plus top coat 

Overall I'm very impressed with the formula of this brand. From my experience most of the random brands I find at discount stores really aren't worth the money even if it is at a low price. Like I mentioned before, almost all the polishes were very pigmented except for two but they definitely weren't the worst so I still give this set πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’… polished fingers out of 5!
I would love to know which one(s) were your favorite(s)? And if you want me to do more swatches of random nail polish brands, let me know in the comments below! A girl can definitely not ever have enough polish, right? 
















Comments

  1. Pastel Pink and Vanilla Glaze are my favs! Really pretty spring colors. Nice new series! Really looking forward to read more of these. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts